Main Page ACADEMY & SEMINARY Academy Church

Academy Church

Attention: open in a new window. PDFPrintE-mail

The Church of the Nativity of the Most Holy Mother of God is the Church of the Kiev Theological Academy and Seminary. It is located near the Farther Caves of the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra.

The Academy Church has a long and interesting history. This Ukrainian baroque style Church was built in 1696 with the financial help of Colonel Constantine Mokievskiy - a relative of Hetman Mazepa, it is the model of Ukrainian baroque. The Church underwent several major structural alterations. In 1817 the inside of the Church was painted by Ivan Kvyatkovskiy.


During the Soviet times the Church was closed, and was restored and repainted again as soon as it was returned to the Church in the end of 1980s. The new iconostasis was painted by the masters of the Holy Trinity – Sergievskaya Lavra in the canonical style of 15-16 centuries.

Богослов.ру Официальный сайт Русской Православной Церкви / Патриархия.ru Официальный сайт Украинской Православной Церкови boryspil88-31 Рейтинг@Mail.ru obschiy-rus


Official Website of the Kiev Theological Academy & Seminary

Chancellery of KTA&S: +380 (44) 255-11-79, fax: +380 (44) 255-12-07, cancellariya@kdais.kiev.ua
Address: 15/64 Lavrska Str., Kyiv, Ukraine 01015

If copying website material, reference must be provided in the following format:
Source: KTA&S Website (http://kdais.kiev.ua)

Editor’s and publication authors’ opinions may not coincide.